One thing that I’ve learned in all of my years of setting goals for myself is to share those goals with others and have them hold me accountable. Therefore, I shared with you all my goals for the beginning of the year on January 1st, 2017. You can read that original post here.
Each and every quarter I’m going to revisit these goals to ensure I’m staying on track of my New Year vision and to make sure you keep track on your vision as well! Did you know that Forbes did a study back in 2013 saying that only 8% of people achieve their New Year’s resolution? When you think about it, that’s really a small percentage. So let’s strive to be in that 8%.
Here’s an update on my progress on my blogging goals:
- As of today, I have achieved my goal to post on my site at least once a week through February (and sometimes have posted more often than that). Fell off a little in March but picking that back up now.
- I did officially create my podcast channel but am still working on getting my podcasts up and running. This will be something I push toward in Q2. Be sure you’re following it on Soundcloud here. It will contain the same content as my blog posts but is for those out there who’d rather listen than read.
- I kicked off my first giveaway in February and it was met with a great response rate. I hope to give at least one more giveaway this year, even bigger than this one. I plan to do another giveaway once I reach 1000 followers on Instagram.
- I also partnered with two other bloggers and hosted giveaways with them which helped me reach my network and collab goal for the year. I also am planning to do a joint Vlog with another blogger in April so be on the lookout for that.
- I finished designing the first draft of my T-shirt and hoping to complete and finalize it for sale this summer.
- I have finalized my site logo (I think – I’m always changing my mind haha) and still working on creating those blogging business cards which I need.
Wow. I’ve made some great progress so far in 2017! I am still working on my e-book, photoshoot, increasing my visibility and other goals but so far so good! (Speaking of which, be sure you’re following me on my website or social media handles @only1lady_v. Help me reach my blogging visibility goals for this year! )
In terms of my personal goals, I have been grinding hard and being more consistent as well as working on my relationship with God. I’ve also taken a few trips already (Orlando and Costa Rica). I still haven’t taken a new class (like jewelry making) but it’s on my list! My fitness has shrinked to pretty much nothing due to the accounting busy season but after April 20th, I should be able to get back to my kickboxing classes and kick some butt like no one’s business! 🙂
As I reflect over this first quarter, I am pretty excited about what I’ve accomplished so far. I still have more work to do but we’re off to a good start! I’ve also added a few additional goals – the biggest being to do another blog series this year since my KnowYourWorth Series was met with such positive feedback. What series would you like to see me write about?
Now what about you? How are you doing with your New Year’s Goals? Let me know through the comments section. If you’ve fallen off, it’s not too late to start! I’ll be checking on you again in the second quarter so good luck!
4 thoughts on “First Quarter Goals Check-In”
Love this! You have a lot going on. That is a blessing. We need more women like us to persue our dreams. First thing first making sure we are on the right path with God. I know we all can accomplish our goals especially with God on our side. My goal is to sell my body lotion and make a certain profit to be able to get back into school to finish my degree in Early Childhood & Education. And praying that selling my lotion is a long-term goal as well as me getting a job with my degree. My purpose for it is to help those who suffer with rough dry skin. I also want to reach a certain amount of followers or more on both my private instagram @blue_jewelette and business instagram @spiritual_bluejay page. That way I can do deals for my lotion and also witness to a lot of people by sharing my testimony. I know all of us women want to be the queens God called us to be. That is why we all should continue to motivate each other and never give up. And keep God first in everything we do so he could show us where to go next and continue to bless us.
LikeLiked by 2 people
I love this and wow! I just learned something more about you! I think it’s awesome for you to want to go back to school and market your product as well. And it seems like you have a good purpose behind wanting to do so. I love your goals and I hope that you reach them! I will keep holding you accountable as I hope you do the same for me! I know I’m following your private page but I will go follow your business page too! Anything I can do to support!💕
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you so much for your support and motivation.
LikeLiked by 1 person