Updated: May 29, 2018
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we collect certain information that you (the “Visitor”), provide to the Site in a few different was – we, collect certain information that the Visitor provides to the Site and we collect some information automatically.
A. Information a Visitor Provides to the Site
In order to serve the Visitors to this site, we collect personally identifiable information like names, address, phone numbers, email addresses and sometimes credit card, billing and shipping information when such information is voluntarily submitted by our visitors.
Additionally, we may collect the following information:
- Follower and subscriber information for Visitors that sign up for the Site using Jetpack or WordPress.com
- Site comments are comments that you may leave on our site to respond to a blog post, service or purchase. Information entered when the visitor provides the comment (such as name and email address) may be collected for the Site.
- Contact form submission is whenever you complete a form to sign up or use the contact form on the website for any questions or comments you have. Similar to site comments, any additional information you enter (such as name and email address) may be collected for the Site.
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to purchase the Site, we collect specific information from you, including your first name, last name, email address, location and billing information as described above. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
B. Information We Automatically Collect from the Site
We may also collect any information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
- Visitor Interactions: We collect information about a visitor’s interactions with a Site, including the “likes” and “ratings” left by visitors to a Site using WordPress.com or Jetpack.
C. Other Information Provided by Visitors
We also collect any other information that our Users provide to us about visitors to their Sites. For example, a User may upload a directory or other information about Site visitors and customers to the “backend” administrative platform for managing the Site.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use information about Site Visitors in order to operate, improve, understand, personalize and provide our services. We use personal data to:
- Communicate with you about Products or Services
- Contact you with announcements, updates or offers regarding the Services
- Provide support and assistance for the Products or Services being offered
- For content improvement and feedback purposes
- Contact you, when necessary, regarding your use of the web site or product(s) and services
- Fulfill any orders (“Order Information”) placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations).
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
By permitting us to collect this information, you will be able to receive information on products and services that may be of interest to you, including related third party offers that we may send to you. You also enable us to personalize your experience with us so that we can provide you with the highest quality of service. We may also use this information to contact you about joint venture opportunities if it appears that you would be a suitable joint venture partner.
By submitting your email address on this web site, you agree to receive email from us. You can cancel your participation in any of these email lists at any time by clicking the opt-out link or other unsubscribe option that is included in the respective email. We only send emails to people who have authorized us to contact them, either directly, or through a third party. We do not send unsolicited commercial emails, because we hate spam as much as you do.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share information collected about Site Visitors in the limited circumstances spelled out below:
- We may use third party services, like Google Analytics, to help us understand how our customers use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
- Information that visitors choose to make public is–you guessed it–disclosed publicly. That means, of course, that information like visitor comments and “likes” are all available to others, including information about the visitor that is displayed in connection with a comment or “like” (such as a visitor’s WordPress.com username and Gravatar). We provide a “firehose” stream of public data (including comments) from Sites to provide that data to firehose subscribers, who may view and analyze the content, but do not have rights to re-publish it publicly. Public information may also be indexed by search engines or used by third parties.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example, if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above.
We retain Personal Data about you for as long as you have an open account with us, as otherwise necessary to provide you Services or until you ask us to delete this information. In some cases we retain Personal Data for longer, if doing so is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or collect fees owed, or is otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, rule or regulation. Afterwards, we retain some information in a depersonalized or aggregated form but not in a way that would identify you personally. Additionally, when you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or through the contact form here.