Wow! I can’t believe it’s a New Year already. I am so excited for this year and what God has in store with me. I know many people don’t believe in making New Year’s goals for whatever reason but I believe firmly in the scripture, Proverbs 29:18, that says “where there’s no vision, the people perish”.
You have to write down that vision and make it plain. Studies have shown that people who write down their goals/visions tend to have a higher success rate of achieving them. And my vision for this year is really simple:
God is always the head of my life and I want to continue to keep him first above all else. 2016 was a rough year for me in that my faith was challenged constantly. The last being when I had to have my first surgery in November. But while my faith wavered, God always saw fit to bring me through every situation and I want to continue to grow in my walk with him. I’ll be sharing a separate blog/podcast late next week that deals with some topics specifically related to our spiritual relationship with God so stay tuned!!
My goals for my blog this year include:
- Posting to my blog site at least once a week.
- Start my podcast channel. (To begin in Jan)
- Giveaways and contests. (Kicking off in Feb)
- Create an eBook and interactive guide for women. (Kicking off in second half of the year).
- Network and collab with other bloggers.
- Increase my blog visibility, following and reach, including transitioning into vlogging (eeek!).
- Create t-shirts. (Already in process!)
- Finish writing my book.
- Finalize my site logo and business cards. (In process!)
- Photoshoot for my website. (I know you may be wondering why this is a goal for me. I’m actually not very comfortable in front of a camera. My friends taking pics of me with my phone is fine – I can handle that but a real photographer! I’ve had a few photographers reach out to me and tell me they want to shoot me so I’m challenging myself to get out of my comfort zone!)
Some of my personal goals include:
- Strengthening my relationship with God.
- Strengthening relationships among friends and family.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Travel, travel, travel! (Kicking off this year with a trip to Costa Rica in 2 weeks!)
- Take a new class (I’ve really been wanting to do cake decorating or jewelry making!)
I created this blog back in 2014 after getting out of an abusive relationship but it really wasn’t until the end of November and beginning of December 2016 that I really started being consistent. And now that I’ve developed that momentum, I will not stop! I am so excited for all of the support and encouragement I have received from each of you in such a short amount of time that I will keep grinding for you all in this coming year! I am so excited for the vision that I have for this year that I can’t even fully express the excitement in words so you all will have to stay tuned! Be sure you’re following on my website or social media accounts to ensure you don’t miss any of the giveaways, t-shirts or eBooks! (Twitter/Instagram/Pinterest: only1lady_v; Facebook: only1ladyv).
What are some of your goals for this year? Let’s be sure to pray for one another and keep each other lifted throughout this year!